Book Title: Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Afterlife
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Author: Eben Alexander
The #1 New York Times bestselling account of a neurosurgeon's own near-death experience—for readers of 7 Lessons from Heaven.
- The Map of Heaven: How Science, Religion, and Ordinary People Are Proving the Afterlife
- To Heaven and Back: A Doctor's Extraordinary Account of Her Death, Heaven, Angels, and Life Again: A True Story
- Living in a Mindful Universe: A Neurosurgeon's Journey into the Heart of Consciousness
- 7 Lessons from Heaven: How Dying Taught Me to Live a Joy-Filled Life
- Imagine Heaven: Near-Death Experiences, God's Promises, and the Exhilarating Future That Awaits You
- Life After Life: The Bestselling Original Investigation That Revealed "Near-Death Experiences"
- Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
- Physicians' Untold Stories: Miraculous experiences doctors are hesitant to share with their patients, or ANYONE!
- My Journey to Heaven: What I Saw and How It Changed My Life
- Dying To Be Me: My Journey from Cancer, to Near Death, to True Healing
Thousands of people have had near-death experiences, but scientists have argued that they are impossible. Dr. Eben Alexander was one of those scientists. A highly trained neurosurgeon, Alexander knew that NDEs feel real, but are simply fantasies produced by brains under extreme stress.
Then, Dr. Alexander’s own brain was attacked by a rare illness. The part of the brain that controls thought and emotion—and in essence makes us human—shut down completely. For seven days he lay in a coma. Then, as his doctors considered stopping treatment, Alexander’s eyes popped open. He had come back.
Alexander’s recovery is a medical miracle. But the real miracle of his story lies elsewhere. While his body lay in coma, Alexander journeyed beyond this world and encountered an angelic being who guided him into the deepest realms of super-physical existence. There he met, and spoke with, the Divine source of the universe itself.
Alexander’s story is not a fantasy. Before he underwent his journey, he could not reconcile his knowledge of neuroscience with any belief in heaven, God, or the soul. Today Alexander is a doctor who believes that true health can be achieved only when we realize that God and the soul are real and that death is not the end of personal existence but only a transition.
This story would be remarkable no matter who it happened to. That it happened to Dr. Alexander makes it revolutionary. No scientist or person of faith will be able to ignore it. Reading it will change your life.